When my friend gave me a jar of this mustard from the Internet (go here) I was blown away by the taste and texture. This recipe is definitely worth trying for a healthy, nutrient rich condiment that is free of extra salt and preservatives.
Raw Homemade Mustard
Yield: 5″ jar
2⁄3 cup yellow mustard seeds
1⁄4 cup water at room temperature
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water and add mustard seeds
- Leave to soak for 2 to 3 days while the mustard seeds absorb almost all of the liquid
- Add mustard mix to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend to a smooth consistency
- If mixture is too thick add 2 Tbsp water at a time and continue blending until smooth
- Spoon into a glass jar leaving no air bubbles and keep covered in fridge
- This mustard will keep in the fridge for a few months – but is best consumed fresh – and can be added to salad dressings!