As a registered dietitian, my position at Nurture Life is to ensure that we’re offering the best vitamins for infants, toddlers and children at their respective ages. I collaborate with one other registered dietitian and our R&D chef to make sure that we’re serving up kid-approved delicacies that by no means compromises on vitamin.
At Nurture Life, we’re on a mission to positively impression the way in which children eat—and our work begins lengthy earlier than our child, toddler or children meal supply arrives at the doorstep! We method every meal from a toddler’s viewpoint and begin our meal planning with what issues most: the balanced vitamin your little ones want.
To see how I work to create nutritionally dense meals for youths of all ages, be a part of me for a fast insider’s have a look at Nurture Life’s children meal plan growth!
Children Meal Plan Precedence #1: Healthful Diet
The method of growing Nurture Life’s child, toddler and children meal plan relies on a easy premise: offering higher meals for youths. I analysis baby vitamin tips and incorporate the newest scientific analysis to ensure that our meals promote wholesome progress and growth in any respect ages. Let’s take a better have a look at what meaning.
Sourcing Solely the Greatest Components
The muse of Nurture Life’s children meals is healthful, high-quality components. You may say that our unofficial mantra goes one thing like this: balanced, actual meals, as recent as attainable, from scratch, no added preservatives.
To supply the highest quality components, I work with our R&D chef and meals suppliers to usher in components that meet the best requirements. Previous to sourcing any ingredient, I analyze the sub-ingredients and nutrient content material in order that we (and also you!) know precisely what’s in each meal. As a lot as attainable, we give attention to natural, minimally processed meals with little to no added sugar or salt.
Sustaining Excessive Dietary Requirements
Along with discovering probably the most nutritious components, I examine that every meal meets our rigorously developed dietary requirements, that are based mostly on the nutrient ranges set by the American Academy of Pediatrics, USDA MyPlate meals classes and normal medical vitamin data.
The requirements for Nurture Life’s children, toddler and child meals supply meals embody tips for energy, whole fats, saturated fats, fiber, protein, salt and sugar. It’s at all times my objective for our toddler and children meals to comprise not less than one serving of non-starchy veggies. We’ve undoubtedly set a excessive bar for our meals, however your children are price it!
Continually Bettering Our Child, Toddler & Children Meals
At Nurture Life, we’re at all times attempting to do higher. One actually enjoyable a part of my job is to have a look at our recipes to see the place we are able to make artistic enhancements to encourage palate growth and extra balanced vitamin.
For instance, a few of our current recipe tweaks to child, toddler and children meals have included:
- Incorporating extra herbs and veggies to cut back salt with out sacrificing the well-rounded taste of turkey meatloaf
- Sourcing new and totally different proteins, like barramundi or lamb, to increase your toddler’s palate
- Making a nut-free pesto to eradicate one of many Huge eight allergens (whereas including a touch of superfood kale, too!)
- Mixing chopped mushrooms into meatballs for additional veggie goodness
- Making worldwide flavors and cuisines extra kid-friendly and approachable
Creating Weekly Meal Plans
Every week, Nurture Life units a brand new Chef’s Selection Menu for infants, toddlers and children. This collection of meals isn’t only a randomized combine—I work with our cooks and different dietitians to make sure the menu features a good stability of various proteins, fiber sources and cuisines. Though prospects have the power to vary their meals at any level, sticking with our Chef’s Selection Menu ensures your baby is being launched to new flavors and components to increase their palate!
Double-Checking Meals Labels
Even after we’ve chosen our components and reviewed the dietary breakdown, we’re continually reviewing our distributors to ensure that nothing has modified. Each week, I sit down and examine our meals in opposition to the components we’ve sourced. We take meals allergy symptoms very severely, and this weekly evaluation ensures that our labels are correct and dependable.
What Else Goes Into Nurture Life’s Children Meal Supply?
Whereas a lot of my job focuses on sustaining strict dietary requirements on your children and ours, vitamin is simply the start line for Nurture Life’s ready-to-eat child, toddler and children meals! As soon as we’ve checked and double-checked the vitamin profile, we work on balancing out our different priorities:
- Child-Pleasant Style: Whether or not for sloppy joes, spiced lentils or leafy greens, our R&D cooks do an awesome job of adapting meals to please a toddler’s palate.
- Ingredient Selection: The nutrient content material of our meals comes from quite a lot of totally different meals. As an alternative of counting on the “standard, standard,” we’re at all times in search of new and thrilling veggies, proteins and carbohydrates.
- Palate Growth: Even for our Stage 1, 2 and three child meals supply, we search to increase flavors, textures and cuisines. We take inspiration from around the globe to introduce meals that many children wouldn’t in any other case expertise at such a younger age.
- Choosy Eater Choices: Though we do prioritize palate growth, we’ve additionally obtained favorites for the choosy eaters at your desk. Even dishes like hen nuggets and mac and cheese are held to our excessive dietary requirements!
Taking Our Experience Into Our Houses and Past the Dinner Desk
I don’t simply work at Nurture Life—I carry our meals into my house. As a mother with a younger daughter, I had the chance to lift her on Nurture Life, main her by all three of our child meals phases and into our toddler meals. I do know that I’m setting her up for a lifetime of loving nutritious meals as a lot as I do.
This mission to develop wholesome eaters extends far past my daughter and any single breakfast, lunch or dinner. We’re aiming to create a optimistic change in childhood well being for a complete technology.
As a part of that mission, I get to work immediately with dad and mom and caregivers, answering questions, creating instructional guides and serving to develop child, toddler and children meal plans that work for every particular person household. From transitioning out of child meals to navigating choosy consuming, I’m at all times right here to reply any questions you might have. Simply ship us a message at [email protected]!