These fast kid-friendly ‘home made’ cupcakes are lovable mini-cake formed watermelon and cantaloupe topped with candy Greek yogurt frosting.
UPDATE: This Watermelon Cupcakes recipe was first posted in 2014 – when my child wasn’t even 2 but! Oh, these loopy days. Now that child is nearly 7. However we nonetheless love making these collectively.
Perhaps I shouldn’t admit it, however this recipe – actually – took me LESS than 15 minutes to tug collectively. Yup: ‘Selfmade’ cupcakes in like 12 minutes. However I’ve been enthusiastic about the way to make Watermelon Cupcakes for for much longer…
I’ve seen some enjoyable variations of watermelon cupcakes and watermelon cake by Pinterest:
The tremendous fancy coconut frosted and fruit topped through @PaleoCupboard
The watermelon Kool Support flavored and coloured through @SugarKissed
The Chocolate-chip-seeded and fluffy frosting topped through @Bakerette
And the whipped cream topped through @PremeditatedLeftovers
All look scrumptious. However, none too transportable.
I don’t appear to have time for something this summer season. (Let’s simply say the fact of getting 4 youngsters has REALLY sunk in on me as all of them are house most of every single day and the youngest, who’s 22 months is on the explore-everything-that’s-hazardous-to-her-health stage. And did I point out, my dishwasher is damaged?) And… we wanted a fast, transportable deal with for a youngsters’ pool social gathering.
When checking the fridge, I noticed plain Greek yogurt and remembered this sensible Greek Yogurt frosting through Regan Jones, RD. An ideal topping – for super-quick, transportable (and wholesome!) Watermelon Cupcakes:
- 5 minutes to chop the watermelon
- Cantaloupe + creamy, vanilla topping is a match made in heaven (my dad nonetheless eats ice cream on cantaloupe!)
- 5 minutes to whip collectively the frosting + 2 minutes to assemble
- Transportable as a result of the yogurt is thicker and stays fairly for two hours chilled (in a cooler or fridge.)
Cantaloupe Watermelon Cupcakes
These fast, kid-friendly (wholesome!) home made cupcakes are lovable mini-cake-shaped watermelon and cantaloupe topped with candy Greek yogurt frosting.
- Yield: 6 cupmuffins 1x
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat, low-fat or full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1.5-inch thick slice of watermelon, trimmed of rind
- 1.25-inch thick slice of cantaloupe, trimmed of rind
- 1/Four cup powdered sugar
- Sprint or 2 of high quality sea salt
- 1–2 drops of vanilla extract
- Cupcake sprinkles
- Line a small sieve with three paper towels or espresso filters and place over a bowl. Place yogurt on prime to empty whereas slicing watermelon. (Unique recipe requires draining in a single day. I solely drained for 6-7 minutes.)
- Lay the watermelon on slicing board and utilizing a 1/4-cup measuring cup (or different cupcake-sized circle mould) press out three circles. Utilizing a knife, reduce round form to dislodge from massive watermelon slice. And place on paper towels. Repeat course of for cantaloupe. (See images under)
- Scrape yogurt into small bowl and add sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir completely with a fork.
- Blot fruit with extra paper towels and place in cupcake papers. High with about 1 tablespoon of frosting and sprinkles.
How have you ever been consuming watermelon and cantaloupe this summer season? Tried any new melon recipes?