Anybody else a breakfast lover like me? As in, it’s up there as a favorite meal of the day? I am going by way of phases whether or not I’m within the temper for yogurt and fruit, a smoothie, a giant bowl of warming porridge, or…GRANOLA!
Some of the addictive issues ever, there are a few manufacturers whose granola I like that are additionally nutritionally sound, however generally there’s one thing very satisfying and gratifying about making (and consuming) your personal. Particularly when you possibly can management what goes into it, modify the flavour to your style and add in any dried fruit, nuts or seeds in accordance with your personal preferences.
This very simple, scrumptious recipe is a successful mixture of dates, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and vanilla – it additionally contains protein powder to spice up the protein content material, however be happy to go away it out when you don’t fancy it. Swap raisins, chopped dried apricots or dried cranberries (or different dried fruit) for the dates, or you may swap sunflower seeds for the pumpkin ones. Be happy so as to add in cocoa powder if you wish to make it chocolatey, or change the cinnamon for ginger or different heat spices – that’s the fantastic thing about this customisible recipe!
- 300g porridge oats (I used Mornflake)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Superior Dietary supplements)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 170g maple syrup
- 170g melted coconut oil (I used The Groovy Meals Firm)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g pumpkin seeds (I used Whitworths)
- 100g chopped dates (I used Whitworths)
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line a big baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine collectively the oats, protein powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk collectively the maple syrup, oil and vanilla powder pour into the bowl.
- Give all the things a very good combine to mix so it’s all coated. Unfold out onto your ready baking sheet in a good later and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take away, stir within the pumpkin seeds and proceed baking for 8-10 minutes then depart to chill – the granola will crispen because it cools. Stir within the chopped dates on the finish – then preserve in an hermetic container.