At work within the deli final week, considered one of my coworkers determined to bake a cinnamon roll cake for our scorching meals bar. We do not normally make desserts for it however it’s at all times good to swap issues up, and lots of people have a candy tooth. Plus, who does not like heat cinnamon scented cake? In any case, the cake smelled wonderful and offered nicely however sadly it wasn’t vegan so I couldn’t attempt it. So I made a decision that I used to be going to go residence and make considered one of my very own that was extra suited to my tastes as nicely. I desire to make my desserts a bit much less processed than conventional ones, so each time I veganize a recipe it turns into much less processed as nicely. I used to be tremendous enthusiastic about this one!
I already love cinnamon rolls, however they’re sort of plenty of work. Cake is a lot simpler! And if I can get the identical candy cinnamony taste, why not?! For the cake base I began off with what I might use for my plain vanilla cake. Cinnamon rolls have a vanilla base in any case. It was actually fairly easy to make, simply whisked all collectively in a bowl! Again within the day earlier than I went vegan and I might make these vanilla muffins that you simply needed to whip the eggs individually and cream the sugar and whatnot and you understand what? Truthfully the feel of my vegan muffins is simply nearly as good and they’re simpler to make. I used maple sugar to sweeten this one, as a result of it goes so nicely with cinnamon. Additionally, it’s possible you’ll discover there’s no oil on this cake. It really does not want it, as a result of the coconut oil I exploit within the batter is lots wealthy!
I gave the within of the cake cinnamon swirls as nicely, as a result of cinnamon rolls should have loads of cinnamon! I did swirls as an alternative of simply dropping it in as a result of I figured it will be extra evenly distributed that means. As soon as it was all put collectively I needed to make a streusel for the highest just like the one which was made at work. I’m a sucker for streusel in any case. I like it on something dessert associated. I saved this one easy, simply flour, sugar and coconut butter (to not be confused with coconut oil) plus some cinnamon and was wanting ahead to how crunchy and scrumptious it will get as soon as baked!
It smelled wonderful whereas baking by the best way. Cinnamon jogs my memory of fall, which is suitable since we’re virtually there! I couldn’t wait to attempt it, however I needed to look forward to it to chill a bit earlier than un-molding. As if it wasn’t already wonderful the way it was, I added some glaze just like the cake at work had. Besides as an alternative of constructing a powdered sugar glaze, I used coconut butter sweetened with a little bit of maple syrup. It was time to dive in. The cake was soooo good! It had a tender, mild texture, and it was simply the correct amount of sweetness, with the right quantity of cinnamon and vanilla. That crunchy struesel topping made it crave worthy! So the subsequent time you’re craving cinnamon rolls however do not wish to cope with yeast and kneading and whatnot, make this as an alternative!
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cake
Makes one 6 inch cake
one 6 inch cake pan
- 3/four cup natural entire wheat pastry flour
- 3/four tsp baking soda
- half tsp baking powder
- 1/four tsp sea salt
- half cup maple sugar
- 1 cup full fats coconut milk (the thick form, I desire Thai Kitchen model) at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp maple sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/four cup natural entire wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbsp maple sugar
- 1/eight tsp sea salt
- 1/four tsp cinnamon
- Three Tbsp coconut butter, warmed to liquid
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp filtered water, or as wanted
- Preheat the oven to 350F levels and place rack in heart of oven.
- Oil a 6 inch spherical baking pan and line it with parchment on the backside so it won’t stick.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, sea salt, and sugar in a big bowl to mix nicely.
- Whisk coconut milk and vanilla extract collectively in small bowl to mix nicely, then whisk into the flour combination till nicely blended.
- Whisk the cider vinegar into the batter.
- Combine collectively swirl components in a small bowl.
- Switch half the cake batter to ready pan then place the swirl combination in a ziplock bag with the nook lower off and pipe it right into a swirl from the middle out. Pour the remainder of the cake batter over it, then do the identical with extra of the swirl. marble the swirls with a knife.
- Combine collectively the streusel components in a bowl together with your palms till it begins to clump collectively, then sprinkle over the cake.
- Place within the oven, and bake cake till tester inserted into heart comes out clear with just some moist crumbs connected, about 25 minutes.
- Take away from the oven and let cool for not less than 30 minutes, then un-mold, by chopping across the edges if they’re caught in any respect, then placing plate excessive, then flipping it onto that plate then putting a plate on the underside and flipping it upright onto that plate.
- Whisk collectively the coconut butter, maple syrup and water till clean (including somewhat extra water whether it is too thick to drizzle).
- Drizzle the coconut butter combination over the cake, and serve!
Cake retains saved in a container on the counter for as much as 1 week, or will be frozen for as much as four months.
For those who would moderately use coconut sugar and even simply granulated sugar for this, both will work rather than the maple sugar.
If you need to make a 9 inch spherical cake, double your complete recipe, and bake it in a 9 inch spherical pan, growing the baking time to 50 minutes to 1 hour (relying in your oven).
This cake will be made gluten free by swapping out the entire wheat pastry flour for Bob’s Pink Mill gluten free all goal baking flour (this can be a model I’ve used earlier than and have examined it in muffins with nice outcomes).