I do not learn about you, however I am unable to get sufficient of pumpkin goodies this 12 months. I like apple treats and Halloween sweet too, and I’ve been making these as effectively this October, however pumpkin appears to be the favourite. Thank goodness for canned pumpkin although! Again within the day, I used to love to roast off the pumpkin myself (and generally I’d simply use squash as a substitute for pumpkin puree as a result of it was simpler), however now I’m much more busy and admire the natural canned pumpkin. I’d nevertheless prefer to nonetheless carve a pumpkin this 12 months! The factor about opening a can of pumpkin is that you must use it up (or portion it out and freeze it) inside every week. Fortunately there are many issues you may make on a whim with it. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, pancakes, waffles, a soup base, or simply be bizarre like me and eat the puree plain (sure, I try this generally). Or within the case of final weekend make pumpkin cookies!
I truly had already made pumpkin cookies this 12 months, however not pumpkin oatmeal cookies. Some tender, chewy oatmeal cookies with pumpkin spice and goodies stirred in sounded fabulous! My Mother at all times stated after I was little that oatmeal cookies are the healthiest as a result of they’ve loads of good fiber from the oats and are much less processed. I’ve to agree, not less than within the case of those cookies, which occur to be fairly filled with fiber in numerous varieties. Don’t fret, they do not style like wholesome cookies.
Even when that they had wholesome elements added. I added Dastony almond butter from Uncooked Guru, pumpkin puree, and flax eggs to maintain these cookies moist and chewy, plus pumpkin pie spices and loads of oats in each oat flour and rolled oat kind! Additionally, I stirred in some cranberries and walnuts for a number of fall flavors plus vegan darkish chocolate chips as a result of I could not resist! The dough was so good I couldn’t cease consuming hunks of it. I’m a type of individuals who loves cookie dough much more than precise baked cookies so that is one thing that occurs typically and why I like baking cookies.
They baked up properly and stuffed my kitchen with the heavenly aroma of pumpkin spices! I couldn’t wait to attempt one, and naturally I waited till they had been simply cool sufficient however nonetheless heat to attempt one! They had been tender and chewy, candy and fragrant with the flavour of the spices, they usually gooey chocolate chips, cranberries and crunchy pecans had been so good with the pumpkin and oats! If you’re a fan of pumpkin or have some additional canned pumpkin available, give these a attempt!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 16 massive cookies
- half of cup pumpkin puree
- half of cup Dastony almond butter
- 1 half of cups coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp floor flax seed combined with 1/four cup plus 2 Tbsp filtered water, allowed to sit down 15 min. earlier than utilizing
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 half of cups gluten free oat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/four tsp nutmeg
- 1/four tsp cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/four tsp sea salt
- Three cups gluten free quaint rolled oats
- half of cup dried cranberries
- half of cup vegan darkish chocolate chips
- half of cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a big mixing bowl, combine collectively the pumpkin, almond butter and sugar till effectively blended. Add flax eggs, vanilla, and beat till effectively mixed (the combination will change into very thick).
- Combine within the flour, soda, spices and sea salt till effectively blended. Combine within the oats till effectively mixed, then add chocolate chips, cranberries and walnuts and blend till evenly distributed all through the dough.
- Warmth the oven to 350 levels with the rack set on the center place. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 16 massive balls (the dough shall be sticky, it is okay), and unfold them out on the two cookie sheets with loads of room in between, urgent down on them barely. Bake for 15-18 minutes or till golden, however not over baked. Let cool on sheet a couple of minutes, then take away to a wire rack lined with parchment to chill.
- Take pleasure in!